Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

need help understanding uni assignment..

Everything else!

Moderator: Nero

need help understanding uni assignment..

Postby lfunkyl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

The following requirements are given to you with respect to ConsultantsPlus:
There are four major categories of users: Consultants, Clients, Administration staff and IT Support staff
All users should be able to logon to ConsultantsPlus’s resources except the physical server machine hosting the domain. Only IT Support staff and Domain Administrators can log onto the server locally.
For security reasons, all users must use complex passwords (i.e at least 8 characters) when logging on the network
Create appropriate user groups to provide access to resources of different users groups.
Shared folders are maintained in the file server. Two folders “ConsultantResources” and “AdminResources” needs to be maintained where Consultants and Administration staff members have read and write access to the folders respectively. Also, the shared folders must be mapped as network drives to be easily accessible for users when they log in.

Design an Active Directory structure to support the above requirements. Illustrate your design using appropriate diagram and provide explanation of how your design meets the above requirements. You can use Visio 2010 to create the diagram. Ensure you use a legend which defines the different symbols used in your diagram.

Not looking for the solution/answer just an answer into how i could represent the above on what I'm guessing is a diagram something like these (when going to the images tab): https://www.google.com.au/search?q=acti ... +structure
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!

Re: need help understanding uni assignment..

Postby Dragazarth » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you want, if its a program for helping your make diagrams of this You probably want to use Microsoft Visio to make the diagram. Or perhaps Microsoft Access has a tool to make a diagram of the setup you make. I think Visio is what you are looking for, I have never used it though. Good luck
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm a bit lost. It sounds like a basic network map...
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby JustinBane » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah to me it sounds like a combiniation of network diagram and maybe a venn diagram for permissions. Either way you want to use something like Lucidchart to do it.
JustinBane
Virgin clanie's first post!
Virgin clanie's first post!

Postby lfunkyl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm

yeah, got the class tonight i'll ask then, I understand the network map etc, but i don't see how the permissions, and security parts etc come into play.

Also weird "JustinBane" joins the forum to answer my question and then link to Lucidchart, pretty smart advertising/spam :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm

They are watching lol. And that's freaking creepy.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Return to Off topic