Re: Anime Thread

Postby Nero » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 am

SK, you have your own thread for this sort of mass image post >:(
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Nero
Two Fisted Journalist

Postby MrSk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:18 am

yeah i know and i did mention that and also i mentioned i was drunk as fuck. i dont plan to spam anymore pics here. i think i did it as a joke but cant remember for sure.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SuperRoach » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Looking forward to watch a good quality version of NGE Eva 2.22 , to get ready for the eventual 3.0 one when it comes out.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SH1FT13Z » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Evangalion?
I'm kind of a novice around that, I have been really keen to get to it, espeicially since im a fan of mech (Gundam 00).
Will probably wait to the 3.0 version now to stop the pixel effect after watching the super crisp 00 (not sure if there is another term for it? think of playing BF3 on high settings, then going to play CS or Diablo 2 etc. and not being able to make out anything)
"Hey, suck my dick"
Bigfoot on how to pick up girls.
"Hey, put down that book and suck my dick"
Bigfoot on how to pick up girls that are reading.
SH1FT13Z
Got the apron, getting ready to kick it

Postby MrSk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Its a good anime, old school classic. I felt a tad overrated but its good none the less. Not sure i'll bother with the new version but yeah if you havent seen the old ones would definitely recommend that you check out the new release.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 am

This is the next anime i want tp watch;
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaMfHBWZbVE

This is the one that i am downloading currently;
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-M3MET7uk

On a side note i just finished this game;
And now currently playing this game;
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Title of the first one reminded me of this...http://www.gogoanime.com/category/liste ... our-father
Though I haven't seen either:)
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 am

^That one looks ahh interesting?
Not sure if its one of those realy cute happy feel good animes or perverted, maybe both but i get teh feeling it may actually be the former.
I also downloaded this;
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHiXa5tYpFc
And currently downloading this;
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCdPSfCUV0
Just season one though i think? um man i download so much random anime for the sake of it. Not sure i'll get around to watching some of these lol. That last one might be beautiful story , not even really perverted i mean look how long their skirts are.. lol

Need to watch some but iam too addicted to star ocean. I'll be back on day shift soon though and getting paid less so go out less so prolly watch more anime then.

I dont wanna post too many videos an spam so i'll just mention these ones that i remembered i watched "Kenkoo Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou" . "To love ru season 2 (uncensored)", "Kodomo No Jikan". Cant say i'd really recommend that last one LOL but the other two i would. "Kenichi the ultimate warrior" was pretty good too.
Oh and i download from a pay site and fan subs so iam not supporting piracy :P
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the reccomendations, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica was a big hit early last year, it has a few fan amv's, like these...
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g
and this...
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2RS4pnnF40
even though they are to the same song (Problem?.jpg)

Off the top of my head, I want to watch:
Angel Beats
Elfen Lied (top o' the list)
K-ON!
Hell girl (Season 2 and 3)
Haruhi Suzamiya (not sure if thats the right way to spell it :\)
Rest of Samurai Champloo
Fruits Basket
Black Butler

So many anime that I want to watch, but my viewing rate has pretty mutch come to a halt. With school starting, most of my spare time is gaming or watching Mighty Car Mod's videos, to keep my most loved part of Japanese culture fed :)
If I went on I would just be naming ones that I heard are good.
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 am

Ah i thought that sounded familiar. Aint seen it but i've seen pics of her and lots of girls cosplaying as her. Haruhi suzumiya is good. Fruits basket not so good but i did watch it all^^, Samurai Champloo rocks of course.
I had a lil bit of an anime marathon last night. Watched 7 episodes of "Bamboo Blade". Was kind of boring for a bit but then it got really funny. I got ratjher drunk i think that made me enjoy it more and more^^;
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SuperRoach » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:50 am

Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUCOMe2qx0k
The remaking of the NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion) things are amazing. It's not a scene for scene remake, it's on mood stabilizers but still has an edge to it, and he gets to flex the massive budget he got. neat
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Oakesyboy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:54 pm

So I decided to watch SUB episodes of Naruto Ship, and I honestly couldn't tell the voices apart.
The voices ruined it for me, that and constantly reading and not being able to watch all the action (not a fast reader qq) so I will just stick to the DUB episodes and wait for the new season to come out.
Oakesyboy
H*EA*T - Super Henchman
H*EA*T - Super Henchman

Postby MrSk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:55 am

^Really?? all the characters voices are nothing alike at all lol?
But yeah fair enough, it dose take a while to get used to the subs and be able to read them quickly. Once you do though you forget your even reading them, well, except when they disappear so quick you dont quite read it all before it disappears or even more so when its a dodgy bootleg or fan sub where the subs are just horrible or completely inaccurate and have spelling mistakes and dont make sense or even more so if the names arent even Japanese..... X_x
Anyways, i just finished watching "Bamboo Blade". Not bad, not fantastic but it was ok. Mostly focused on the school kendo team, focuses on the training, competing, team members friendships, etc. Likeable characters and funny. Minimal fan service and romance more just comedy i guess. Well its half serious half comedy. Dose get repetitive and is a bit cheesy at times. There are a few episodes that focus on characters lives outside of kendo.
Iam currently downloading "Lucky Star" lol.. I recently downloaded "School days", "Devil may cry", "Bakuretsu Tenshi", "Mahoraba Heartful Days" , "Welcome To The NHK", "Ghost Hunt", "Noien", "Mushishi", "REC", "Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro Na Crescent Love", "Gakuen Alice". Hmm now witch one shall i watch?/ lol ^_^;
A mate of mine recommended one called "green green" also.
Too much anime especially with my Star Ocean addiction. Shit aint even played BF3 for about 3 weeks. Cricket season too and man footy season again soon also^^; I'll probably be watching anime alot more though seeing as i wanna go out less and save $ seeing as in recent weeks i been out alot and spending too much plus i'll be back on day shift soon and earning less....
Oh and the downloads arent torrents there from a site called full hentai movies lol but they ARE fan subs... i did watch Bamboo Blade in English DUB though. One of the girls voice actresses i've heard before in alot of anime and she even dose one of the voices in Star Ocean.
Oh and i recommend you guys play Star Ocean its basically anime meets star trek.

EDIT: Was gonna go to bed but decided to check out a new series. Decided to go with "Bakuretsu Tenshi". I realized shortly afterwards, i belive it is "Burst Angel" translated in English or its what the English release was named. I've seen it in the video store but didnt really appeal to me i guess.
Now iam not overly big on the whole robot/mecha genre nor overly the chicks with guns, this is both but man its really friccing cool! i watched three episodes and iam really enjoying it. I want to watch more but its time for some ZZZ's.
The animation is really cool. It reminds me of the sort of anime that i used to watch. I havent seen an anime like this for a long time. The last Mecha anime i watched was "Heroic Age" and was kinda kiddie and set in space, and the last chicks with guns was a boring anime called "Noir" or as silly one called "Striker witches' and ones like "gunslinger girl" dont appeal to me.
This one it reminds me of old school anime. That futuristic cyber punk style. Some of the animation is 3D CG style but the rest reminds me of that old hand drawn style and its less colorful and cute than what i've been watching lately. Kinda like that "cowboy bebop", "ghost in the shell", "berserk", etc style.
Very refreshing, i love the animation, the fan service(its just babes in skimpy outfits and big boobs rather than just constant pantie shots, not overdone despite a ridiculous outfit or two), the OST sounds really fucking cool, some violence(not heaps but enough i guess), and its refreshing to watch an anime in SUB seeing as recently i've watched lots of dub and theres some bad dubbing in Star Ocean.
Seems awesome. A guy who is a cook gets hired by a group of chicks living together. You have the older hot one who i guess runs the show, the cute sexy one who's a little hyper and giggly with a teenage mentality with big boobs cute face, the tom boy tough one who looks boyish but is still hot and then the cute young one lol. made me lol only took half an episode to get an upskirt from the young one and looked like she was wearing a g banger lol. The guy gets caught up in their ahh, business..heh(more than he bargained for)
All i've really watched in recent times is the slice of life, comedy, kiddie, comedy romance type anime and fighting ones like Naruto so this is refreshing.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby Thunderbird » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 am

Oakesyboy wrote:So I decided to watch SUB episodes of Naruto Ship, and I honestly couldn't tell the voices apart.
The voices ruined it for me, that and constantly reading and not being able to watch all the action (not a fast reader qq) so I will just stick to the DUB episodes and wait for the new season to come out.

Try reading three words every time your eyes focus, it's a simple trick that I used to increase speed.
Thunderbird
Theoretician

Postby MrSk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:37 am

The only bad thing about SUBs is you cant really watch anything subbed whilst you eat. thats the only think i have against it.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

*bump*
K so i havent been watching any anime for quite a while(excluding a little Shippuuden here and there).
Been meaning to get back into it. I did watch an anime with a mate several weeks back called "Mardock Scramble" it was pretty cool. It was just a one episode, cant remember if it was movie length or not?
Anyway it had really cool animation and it was rather trippy.
I just watched "The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" its a long movie length(over two hours) anime. Its very slow and very dialogue based but it was pretty cool hey. The animation is quite superb and the soundtrack is very nice.
Kinda hard to follow at times but i thinks its supposed to be like that plus the fact that it was so long ago ago that i watched "Haruhi Suzumiya" i had forgotten alot of what happened and things about the characters plus i believe i watched them subbed where as i watched this one dubbed.
I actually watched it in two sittings. Its funny i love anime so much but it took me being at a LAN and getting up really early before everyone else so decided to watch anime on my headphones until everyone got up, to actually watch some.
Felt good to watch some anime again, anime always makes me feel good, although at times it depresses me and makes me wish i were younger again.
Got to get back into the spirit with the anime con coming up in July.
Diablo not overly doing it for me either so a JRPG is feeling in order also.
Now that ive finished gods of the arena, vengeance, American horror story, Californication, game of thrones, etc that leaves more time for anime.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 am

Watched a couple of episodes of "Rosario Vampire" with some mates last night.
Its lol. Very funny and nice animation. Very fan servicey.
Its cliché and at times cheesy but some of it is done intentionally to be funny.
Another anime where a guy gets caught up in a situation surrounded by cute girls that end up fighting for his attention, and as usual he is a soft spoken, polite, weakling, nice guy, etc
Seems a pretty funny series. Very cute anime girls, l;ots of boob bouncing and panty shots :D
You get the idea.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 pm

I saw the trailer for Rosario + Vampire, seemed good, but I wasn't too sure. I think I've seen enough of that harem scenario.

I'm almost finished with a new series called "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia", in which, gladly, the part where the viewer realises that everyone likes the main character is quickly dispelled.

The series is not really anything new, but isn't read like a book and the characters are interesting.

Punching myself to finally re-watch Gundam-00 in Japanese...

P.S I ROVE D3! I spend half of my free time on it (epic for me), so im now up to lvl 50 :D
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:55 pm

I'd recommend Rosario Vampire for a laugh. I havent watched anymore of it yet though.
I havent seen the ones that you mentioned.
All i've watched since my last post is an episode of "Blue exorcist" I quite liked the first episode and have been meaning to watch more but havent gotten around to it.
Too much footy and started watching star trek again plus went to a party last sat and was hung over all sunday, like really stupid teenager style sick as a dog, should know better hung over....
Anyways i only played Diablo 3 a handful of times. I do want to at least complete it it just didnt get me hooked.
I tried that Lord of the rings MMO, that seems rather cool but again i only played it the once.
The controls seemed horrible at first but i can see that game being pretty cool and addictive. Especially seeing as the BF3 close quarters sucks dogs balls.
Was funny the other night i watched that move "super" made me lol when dude was flicking through the channels and there was a tentacle hentai scene.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Just checked out the first episode of "Code Geas" cant say too much off one episode but seems kinda cool. Pain been telling me to watch it for a while now.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 pm

I just finished "code geass" i have to say it is a really really cool series.
i wasnt sure at the beginning but it has a great story line and is very well written. It has twists and turns, great plot and is fairly unpredictable.
Likeable characters and so much unexpected occurrences.
I little bit of humour thrown in with teh odd light hearted fun episode and enough fan service to be considered mild. A pretty serious anime for teh most part.
I got pretty hooked and was quite involved and effected by some parts.
Its a pretty original anime.
lots of cute girls too ;)
EDIT:heres some pics to give you an idea;

I found some raunchy ones i'll post them in the pic spam ;)
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Ahh, my brother loves Code Geass; though the first few episodes did get to me. Everyone says that it gets better though; guess I'll have to watch it then :)
I'm halfway through Beelzebub, popular anime with 60 episodes amd still going strong in the manga department. +1 from me
I've also started watching Total Eclipse (Muv-Luv Alternative(Muv-Luv is a popular dating sim series)), Season 2 of Yuru Yuri (Still really really funny), Kokoro Connect (emotional roller-coaster) and Sword Art Online (Baddass lvl 60)

Most of the anime I just listed are only in early days (6~7 episodes so far) so I've been watching them weekly. (except for Beelzebub)

Kokoro Connect has got some good music OP and ED:
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0afSYot8Cw8&list=PLB2731587A7E3DF22&feature=mh_lolz
Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4vNH3_jJr4

P.S
My cousin is a great artist, I asked her to draw some characters for me, here is her work:
Kitsutaka Toru from Asura Cryin'
http://mollie111.deviantart.com/#/d59z5ns
Coorie from Moretsu Space Pirates
http://mollie111.deviantart.com/#/d564tts
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Cool. yeah i didn't like the first ep or two of code geass either but it dose get really good.
I havent seen the ones that you mentioned, i'll have to check them out.
iam bout to go to bed but i'll check out those links next time.
I did see one episode of "squid girl" at avcon. Wasn't quite what i expected. Was a bit more kiddie than i expected but was funny though. Kinda thought it would be more pervy too but i did only watch one episode.
Iam currently watching "Sekirei" lol yet another cliché anime series about a guy down and tough on his luck , alone and a girl 'literally' falls out of the sky and lands on top of him(in a sexy panty exposing nose bleed causing postion i might add) and gets in involved in a situation which leads to him being involved in something and a friendship develops.
Typical cute big boobed air headed girl who is always half naked and seemingly clueless that getting undressed in front of a guy so casually isnt normal and is awkward for the guy, etc.
oh and she wanst to stay with him because she has no where else to go. lol. Oh and she has powers and stuff. Sound familiar lol?
Cheesy, fan servicey, male fantasy anime at its best ;)
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13250

Heres the link to the Inu Boku series on animenewsnetwork.

At first I though that it would be lame and clichéd, but when I saw demons, (sadism, machosism)[references]
and a hint of lolikon...

mfw
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm

looks cool. i aint down with streaming but i'll see if i can find a torrent or something. thanks.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 am

iam downloading some of the ones you recomended now. Some of which i have to download fans subs cos thats all i could find. Brings back bad memoires of some horrible fan subs i've seen, to make it worse the worst ones ive seen were actually bootlegs that i actually paid for. Most fan subs that i've downloaded have been fine.
I couldnt get mahou shoujo madoka magica but then i found it as Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Apparantluy the fan sub was shit so iam downloading episode 1-8 english dub blu ray rip. Not sure what i'll do about the other 4 episodes? cross that bridge when i get there.
Its funny i've found lots of hentai pics of some of the characters from this series lol.

Thinking about fan subs, one bootleg i bought that was one of several where it was unwatchable(fan subs) and discarded, is "shuffle" i threw it in the bin but i beleive that i have it on a disc somewhere iam sure i downloaded it. I know madman released it here. Seemed cool what i seen. I'd recomened it.
EDIT: ah i just remembered you were about to start watching "chobits" that was on of the worst bootlegs i ever bought, just one episode had bad subs, one episode was missing and the recap episodes were all thrown in one after the other right before the final episode.
Almost as bad as teh "harui suzumiya" set i bought where episodes where out of order, subs were terrible and names were Chinese...
You would've thought i wouldve learnt my lesson buying bootlegs i got several dodgey ones here in Adelaide. But i took chances on e bay and they were all fine but when i was in Melbourne i bought a shit load and they were horribly bad.
Seems a trend in my life, i seem to make mistakes 2-3 times before i learn from it....
Anywasy babbleing. DONT BUY BOOTLEGS! lol
just download and stream and rent or ahh actually buy the offical release! I swear if i won the lotto i would actually buy anime again. i kinda miss buying and collectiong videos and dvds. Its more expensive than being a drug addict though so..
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby SH1FT13Z » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 am

LMFAO!
I mainly watch whatever's on Crunchyroll (stream), I'll just rent anything I can't find on there.

My crazy sister-in-law uses GoGoAnime and Anime88 for streaming; the both of them combined have every series post 2004 so I've heard. Though I have the Crunchyroll app on our ipad so I can watch whilst babysitting.

I can see myself buying the disc-sets for Gundam 00 and Yuru Yuri so I can re-watch them for the rest of my life...

P.S Chobits is definately male-audience! You've seen so much that you have no idea what a female-audience anime is anymore!
"Hey, suck my dick"
SH1FT13Z

Postby MrSk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 am

i used to watch alot of stuff from crunchy roll. not sure if go go anime is GG for short i see torrents with GG fansubs apparantly the subs are a bit dodgey.
My nets too shit to stream QQ
Yeah i rent some that are hard to find or becuase its good to see it in great quality and can choose sub or dub plus u help the ppl at the video store keep their job^^;
I dont buy any anime now i used to buy alot.
Hmm well yeah i see where your coming from i mean its absolute male fantasy, a dream come true and whilst all males would fantasise about a cute little android compainion(mostly lonely, nerdy, looser males probably lol) you cant denie that the series is pretty darn sappy.
Its romancey, cute and sappy.
But yeah i know what you mean theres fan service and the pant su episode and etc.
Its also male fantasy because Chi is like a little girl almost that needs to be educated and ahh taught? taught EVERYTHING muhuhuwhaha...lol
And lol at where the button is to turn her on. Ha i didnt even mean to word it like that i guess you could turn her on in two ways at the same time.
ooooh oooh ooooh ooooh yeah oooh oooh ooooh ooooh yeah ooooh oooooh ooooh ooooh let me be wiiiiiiith yooooooou (lol)
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Watched six episodes of "Tsukuyomi: moon phase" at a mates house yesterday. Pretty cool. Its funny. a bit loli but the fan service is limited. Seems its becoming another anime where multiple girls are fighting for the main character guy but yeah its a pretty cool funny series.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

Postby MrSk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 pm

I recently completed this game;

Cool game. i quite enjoyed it. Whilst it lacks in some areas, such as the world map being pretty small and not a huge amount of characters and big towns etc, it makes up for in its unique battle system. Whilst it can feel a bit hack n slash and button masher at times there is lots of cool skills and magic that you can use and it dose require timing and tactics.
I love how they've combined the combat like at times it feels like and old school style arcade game with enemies spewing out hundreds of fireballs(or whatever they are) at you and you need to dodge them all(you can block them though all nullify them with certain magic).
Also some of the boss battles are pretty epic.
The game took me about 49 hours but thats with LOTS of grinding and side quests. The side quests keep the game going but can be very repetitive.
Amazingly, even with all my efforts i only did 85% of side quests and probably less than half of all achievements.
The game did seem pretty challenging at first but in the end it was a walk in the park for the most part.
Simple quests and puzzles and i got too powerful and killed bosses in a couple hits towards the end lol..
Oh and you can go fishing in this game! some of the fish are hard to catch.
Oh and teh main girl character dressed extremely skimpy and has a big rack so ^_^
i am currently playing this game;
This game seems really friccing cool and it is so totally and completely my type of game!!
i have no idea what so ever why it has taken me so long to play this.
Iam about 16 hours in. It has great graphics, its just fun and enjoyable, lots of cut scenes and character dialog/development, etc.
I love the style, it has (for the most part0 likeable characters and fun, funny dialog/interaction.
Cliche in some areas as anime and rpgs always are.
Its just a fun feel good game oh and it has some very attractive female characters/love interests.
Cool story and it seems like the world is big but iam already on disc two so might not be the longest game.
Its reasonably challenging. I've only died once but unfortunately teh game play/combat is rather shit and the biggest blemish of this game. Its real time and theres no block or jump but there is a button where you block and counter if you time it right, there dosent appear to be any quick button to use items, if you open your inventory the game dosent pause and you get hit selecting the item, etc. Buit your party members with complete freedom can use your items so you need to stay stocked up but also you really need to rely on them to use healing items or revive you if you get KO'd cos you cant switch to one of them if that happens.
You do have control over your party as far as free. conserve MP, wait here, focus on one enemy, spread out, etc
At points in the game you select multiple parties also.
The game gets you stuck alot too. Sometimes it has hard to find where to go or how to get past a certain point etc. Luckily iam an experienced JRPG'r so i have been able to figure it all out. I've done a great job avoiding google but i did have to one one occasion^^;
The game is very simple in some areas but really dose make you think and is quite complicated and confusing in other areas.
You can create items like cooking, alchemy , enchantment, smithery, etc.
KrazySumwhat
MrSk
Practitioner

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic