Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

So, we're back....

Anything goes!

So, we're back....

Postby SuperRoach » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 am

.... But I'm not sure how many people noticed the website even being down.

In short the move to a new server, the mumble server was prioritized, with that side actually turning out pretty well with a side by side switch.

The website however was trickier with certificate swaps, a nameserver that had a domain name that expired making handover more of a problem for me.
Midway of all this happening, I had multiple things close to me go wrong... including losing a bunch of friends after finding they wern't around for support at that time either crippled me for a bit. I'm ok now though, and learned a lot from it.

Funnily enough, the largest problem was a non standard handover in the registrar's side, which was kind of a relief.

In a while it's good clanheat.com.au is back (email works again!), I have to wonder what kind of future we have. Battlefield 4 while fun in bursts, has some very large faults that would have people kidding themselves if they want to play competitive with it, and you can see that australia and globally with people not taking it serious.

New members don't seem to be coming in to play Battlefield 4, and definitely not the forums. The future there is frictionless systems, which you can see elsewhere. But that will need a lot of time effort outside of the small amount I get to play games.

Meanwhile other games like League Of Legends and DoTA2 are still exploding in popularity - whether you think they are crap or not, they sure do teamwork well with a strong learning curve.

How's everyone else been?
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Re: So, we're back....

Postby p4rty4nim4l » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Finally the site is back... I had noticed it and had been checking for a while, but was busy preparing a week trip to Fraser Island from which we only got back late yesterday.

I agree that BF4 isn't drawing the attention the previous BF games have, I just hope HEAT sticks together until the next new clan game comes out. Might have a look at LoL and DOTA2 if we're all going to play. Anyone else?
p4rty4nim4l
heat great helper
heat great helper

Postby lfunkyl » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:56 pm

I check the forums very regularly, just don't really post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!

Postby Scooby » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:49 pm

I am randomly checking the forums even tho i haven't checked in a very very long time. :O
Scooby
on heat like a prarie dog
on heat like a prarie dog

Postby SuperRoach » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:15 am

Well, hi matt :)
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Return to General discussion