Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

My poor computer has died :(

Anything goes!

My poor computer has died :(

Postby Dragazarth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 pm

I turned on the computer yesterday for it not to POST, and then to smell something aweful.

The CPU cooler, an CoolIT ECO ALC self-contained 'water" cooling system has leaked. I am awaiting a reply from their HQ in Canada. However it's already over it's warranty, so sadly I may have to buy new parts :(
It has leaked over the motherboard, my graphics card (EVGA 480), sound card and PSU. I haven't touched it yet other than to lie it on some newspaper and disconnect the power incase I need to send them photos, or they give me instructions.

I also have my VCE (HSC for others) (or final year 12 exams) this Friday, Monday- Wednesday, Firday the 23rd and Monday the 26th. So I wasn't planning on playing much anyhow, but I was looking foward to re-installing all my games. So I doubt I will be compensated in anyway, and then after my exams I have and orchestra tour to France, and then I'm staying in Europe over Christmas with my family. Sooooo....... I'm lucky and privileged but unlucky too.
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Re: My poor computer has died :(

Postby lfunkyl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am

let the parts dry out for as long as possible, and if possible put them in a container of rice (obviously only if you can get the rice back out of the parts)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!

Postby Dragazarth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 am

Problem is it's smelly coolant, so not really water. Apparently you can bathe you PC in water as long as it is properly dried soon after, I'm going to wait for them to tell me what to do however so they can't say I've done something wrong. I'm a bit pissed off since they advertise it as maintenance free.
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 am

wow, busy life zarth!
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Dragazarth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 am

I've been told to wash it with distilled water by the CoolIT people so I shall do that as soon as I can buy some. I try and get some absorbent thing like rice as well.
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Return to General discussion