Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Re apply??

Anything goes!

Re apply??

Postby ZK_MANS » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi guys,

I know its been awhile since you heard from me, should have posted a postpone to my last app (22.09.10), my computer had a meltdown, things got hairy at work and life just happened.
Am in the last stages of my first attempt at a rig build, should be done early next month and was wondering if you guys would consider a re-app to the clan.
Still got the same job so still working shifts but am looking forward to getting back into bf. Havent tried bf3 but it looks great.
Rig should be go to go
Phantom case
Asus ROG Maximus iv gene-z gen3
Asus gtx 680
Coolermaster silent 1000w gold
Antec kuhler h2o 920
Rat 7

waiting for Ivy to see price compared to Sandy and havent got monitor yet (27" open to advice-suggestions on this)

Should be able to keep up (once I improve skill)
Anyway, hope to hear back from you, apologies again for the lack of updates.
All the best
Mike
[url][URL=http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ZK_MANS]Image[/url][/url]
ZK_MANS
Found the post button on occasion..

Re: Re apply??

Postby SH1FT13Z » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey, was only ever able to talk to you about 3 times in BC2!
I would be glad to play with you again in BF3, but still, bol on the re-app!

For the moniter, my filters were anything at or lower than 2ms response (that was pree much it!).

Be careful with big screens, if you've got a big screen, it may be hard to take in the whole thing if your only sitting 50cm away. So if your going to have to sit further back to take it all in, you might as well buy a smaller screen that's still HD and sit closer to it, that way you save some $$, I find a 24" does well, I don't really have any want for a bigger screen. (If you save some money you might be able to get two of what you get, so you can run battlelog and mumble off of one screen and the game off of the other, I find this very helpful, but, personal opinions)

Read up about that PSU, damn, I wish mine was silent, I hear it over my headphones, ruining the point of 7.1, and it sounds like a bloody chopper taking off every time I sart it up...

Anyway,

Best of luck and hope to see you soon!
"Hey, suck my dick"
Bigfoot on how to pick up girls.
"Hey, put down that book and suck my dick"
Bigfoot on how to pick up girls that are reading.
SH1FT13Z
Got the apron, getting ready to kick it
Got the apron, getting ready to kick it

Postby Dragazarth » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am

BOL
Currently I run two random old 19" screens but I am also looking for a new screen.
Only advice, is get a 23-24" if you play at a normal desk desk and as Sh1ft13z said, look for something with a low response time. Also look at some reviews and get something with good blacks. Since you have a 680 (Im super jealous) you might want to look at some of the 3d monitors but as always look at the reviews.
And finally, get something with an awesome resolution, obviously dont settle for less than 1080p but (I dont think they make any gaming/low response) maybe see if you can get a higher res screen as in 2560
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby ZK_MANS » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for the advice, bought a 24" phillips with a 1ms refresh, now just waiting for ivy bridge which supposed to be out next week, one more pay packet and check the prices then will be up and running soon after that.
Have seen an ultimate upgrade package from origin giving access to all weapons, any feedback on that?
Cheers guys and c u soon
[url][URL=http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ZK_MANS]Image[/url][/url]
ZK_MANS

Postby Dragazarth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Dont bother with it, the stock weapons are very good, and if your going to play it a reasonable amount you will have all the guns anyhow
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Practice for the Stock weapons like Zarth said, you can take those skills to the other guns well too. With your level just hours on anything will help just as much too :)
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Dragazarth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 am

Also, I have heard rumors that the unlocks for the weapons, ie attachments, scopes, ammo types etc, are not unlocked if you buy this pack. Also others seem to have had trouble actually having this activated when you actually buy it. So in summing up, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE (unless your some microbiologist or similar, in which case avoid running with scissors)
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Return to General discussion