Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Picking up scopes.

Any suggestions for H*EA*T's BC2 and CoD4Server. Right in here!

Picking up scopes.

Postby jake. » Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey,

my name's aXiom. I'm a rand, so I don't expect you to know me or anything. I don't have much skill, but I do have a good computer - I get scope pretty much every game. But, for anyone that hasn't heard, scopes are now able to be picked up off a dead body. In my honest opinion, bad mistake. People'll often say to whoever's scoping, "drop scope please", or "you're so fucking bad, drop it noob" - but to whoever's scoping, they didn't have to if they didn't want it. Earlier today, I played a match, in vacant. Someone asked me for scope, and I said no. They abused me to try and get it, then pleaded. I still said no because as soon as I give it to them, then it'd be back to calling me a noob and w/e. But, while we were defence, he simply camped in plywood, and waited for me to die, which didn't take too long - most people had gone B, and whoever'd gone A had gotten rushed, leaving me next to die. So, he'd wait until I died then take the scope and do his thing. I only just got off your server, this time, playing strike. On defence, I went onto canopy to watch the cross. 5 people had gone B, now 5 people were camping B. I was killed from top flowers 8 rounds out of 10 - simply because people were waiting for my scope.

It's not really a good idea to say, "Ok, you're just screwing around and waiting for his scope, you're banned", especially when so little is done about AFKs and such - this isn't what I'm asking. I'm asking that you make it so scopes CAN'T be picked up from dead bodies. It's not in the spirit of the game to play in the manner that a lot of people are playing at the moment, and I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) would appreciated you considering to change the rule back to how it was before.

Thanks.
jake.
Still not so sure about what to do

Re: Picking up scopes.

Postby SuperRoach » Tue May 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Dropping scopes should be something that only happens when you die - after then, you shouldn't really care who has scope, and unless someone is trying to be a seagull, they have to risk running back to where you are to pick it up.

Everyone used to, and still gets told to drop scope regardless - I think a lot of people have spent time making a config which loads them first into the server so they can grab that thing first.

You do bring a good point about if too many people are going to wait around for a scope though, and it is a little bit funny that it comes down to that though, so We'll have a look through this week for it.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby jake. » Wed May 12, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah. It's not that I care about who has it (if I get it, great, if I don't, or I come in late, my bad luck), it's just that now, some people are immaturely playing in such a way that they'll be in a good position to take a team-mate's scope when they die, instead of trying to protect their scopes, or even just play for kills. It's just annoying to be killed from somewhere where I probably shouldn't have been killed from (because someone should have gone there), only to have someone sitting there watching me be shot, and then stealing my gun afterwards.
jake.

Postby jake. » Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 pm

It's been almost a week - so I figured I'd return with new information, it just happened to me again, but that was the first time since my initial complaint.
Maybe I just played with a bunch of immature people to begin with, considering the sparseness it's happened since then. So, I'm changing my mind to say I don't actually mind it. I don't agree with people who do it, but you can't govern against it and it's rare enough to not need change (I think, now, at least) so I'll withdraw all complaints on this thread ;).
jake.

Postby Nero » Mon May 17, 2010 8:25 pm

jake. wrote:so I'll withdraw all complaints on this thread ;).

Well that's just dandy then.
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Nero
Two Fisted Journalist

Postby SuperRoach » Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Cheers Jake - I think most people will be very quick to fire off a criticism, without err, <random quote about shoes or something>. But sometimes small changes can help build up with the rest of the game, and this one helps with the flow of it. Glad you grown to like it.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Return to Server Suggestions