Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Zombie mod updates

Any suggestions for H*EA*T's BC2 and CoD4Server. Right in here!

Zombie mod updates

Postby SuperRoach » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuu6g04R28c

Make sure you download and install it before trying it out, its 30 meg:
http://www.before-dawn.co.uk/dawn/download.php?list.4

I'm thinking of running it for a bit on one of the H*EA*T servers, how does that sound?

Its a new kind of zombie mod, where its basicly a cooperative game, much like The original Aliens vs Predator with marines vs aliens, to see how long they can last.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Re: Zombie mod updates

Postby SuperRoach » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 am

We had an epic round... and EPIC round.... I'm going to get the other people who played in here to write up too... adding some pics now.

We so need to organise a zombies night or something, its just so awesome. Hopefully someone else will explain more about what to do for it.
Remember when downloading, get the Alpha002 version. Just fyi. Read the zip file for where to put it, basicly your mods folder.

Before the Dawn is the name of the zombies mod, and if you'd like to visit the makers of this excellent mod, check their website at: http://www.before-dawn.co.uk/

Just remember though - for the mean time, We do not have website downloading active. This means you will be forced to download the mod at a very slow speed if you don't get it before jumping in to it - one of us figured it would take roughly an hour and a half to download it. So again, go download it here!:
http://www.before-dawn.co.uk/dawn/download.php?view.4

This link above is to get the btd_alpha0002 version. We will update when they do.

Enjoy the screenshots - watching this game is almost as fun as playing it!!!
Attachments
shot0014.jpg
All alone on top of the container at bog... They can can glitch to get on top of most places, so y our never safe...
shot0011.jpg
Covering in the Bloc map.... The stairs are good!
shot0002.jpg
Matrix telling them... "YOULL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!
shot0007.jpg
Nero and daddster holding the fort. Shotguns are very powerful, but your in trouble when you need to reload.
shot0021.jpg
Here is me and shifty working in tandem to break the two bottlenecks. Because of the amount of zombies coming, we couldn't spray, and had to try to shoot through bodies to get more than one at once.
shot0028.jpg
This is an example of erm.... Matrix's end rush... RUN MATRIX RUN DAMMIT!
shot0032.jpg
This is the end of night score board. We all ran out of ammo except for me with half a clip left, then I got jumped by a zombie. So then we were all in trouble! Matrix had to run to get a p90 on the roof, and he was able too... got some screenies below of that... And tried to hold them off, but there were just too many.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Matrix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:00 am

FUCKING EPIC.

If you don't get this, you are more homo then Showtime and Doyale put together.

Honestly, get it, awesome to have 10+ H*EA*T playing.

It's basically us vs AI, endless fun.

GET IT NIGGAZ. *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR*

Doyle wrote:Now if that isnt bad enough im gonna go through what happened and why this guy makes a jeriziah with only riffshards look like a fucking dota veteran.
Matrix
Theoretician

Postby Marshall_S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 am

All the maps suck except Broadcast though. Everytime you finish off a wave you've got to leave your camping spot to rearm, so if your not used to getting to the "good spots", then you will die. Also, running out of ammo when you've got 200 hundred zombies left sucks.

RPD + AUTO SHOOTGUN = WIN

EDIT: Played a few rounds this morning by myself. Broadcast and Pipeline are the only ones I could get past the first wave in. Pipeline is even better then Broadcast! Found a nice little spot to camp and slaughter zombies. Ended up get 400+ kills and only lost because I fell off the roof between waves :(
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Postby Nero » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

This mod is awesome. It's like playing Serious Sam, which is like playing Doom with everyone else. Great fun.
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Nero
Two Fisted Journalist

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:59 am

Had another fun day, found out overgrown is awesome too :) To run around in, with a powerful barret!

I'm dead tired, so i'm just putting the pictures up.

Its a good game to build your teamwork up - just by yourself, you get flanked too easily.
Attachments
shot0044.jpg
Not the best thing to be doing when you see this happening in front of you
shot0045.jpg
..... until some clothesline action happens :P
shot0046.jpg
Konich, Lear and shifty put on a brave fight..
shot0047.jpg
Lear takes a page from metal gear solid and hides in the ammo crate, waiting to be blocked by nubs like Konich :P
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Marshall_S » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:11 pm

My fail attempt at trying to win :(

Ended up accidently falling to my death. Well at least it wasn't C4 or a nade.
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Postby Matrix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Damn point farmers. :P

Doyle wrote:Now if that isnt bad enough im gonna go through what happened and why this guy makes a jeriziah with only riffshards look like a fucking dota veteran.
Matrix
Theoretician

Postby Marshall_S » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 am

Matrix wrote:Damn point farmers. :P

I nearly got 1000 kills with no death with Lear last night. I was paying too much attention to Lear as he did a run around on Pipeline to the machinegun position. The zombies manpiled below me and glitched onto the roof and killed me. Only 32 kills away.
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Postby yourphyscogirlfriend » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 am

lol marshall you got man pilled! O give me your secret, no matter what I did they didnt want me :( Nero said its cause they like he taste of balls and well as good as they are I cant see my self getting any. then kon said he had a stern talking to them lol
shaganator wrote:i was in wa with my aunties 5 days ago and all they talked about was how shit there boobs :D

yourphyscogirlfriend
H*EA*T - Super Henchman
H*EA*T - Super Henchman

Postby Orbit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 am

This looks fun - can you run it again?

*edit*

HOLY FKNSHITSTORM-GT4 THAT IS A SCARY MOD!

Was playing by MYSELF and was walking around (nothing spawning) and then - BOOM motherfucker, 1million zombies run at me (surprisingly fast) and eat my pixel ballsack right off.
[ BF2: Orbit | BC2: Clarity | BF3: Lionbeard ]
Orbit
Junior

Postby Nero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Here's some of the cool kids winning the game.
Attachments
cod4mp-20080819-212708.png
Completing 21 rounds on Pipeline.
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Nero
Two Fisted Journalist

Postby Matrix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 pm

1600 with NO deaths.

Matrix
Theoretician

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:46 pm

I'll leave it running for a while....

Btw, Its on heat 1 good to go... with a big change I've done is that we have it hosted now, so the mod downloads from the internet. Two big pluses to that:

People don't need to figure out how to download a mod (lol?)
They don't affect you ingame now!

So jump in *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR* *ARR*

/connect 202.125.38.19:28940

And be sure to add the H*EA*T servers to your favorites if you havn't already:
202.125.38.19:28940 H*EA*T 1- This has the fast downloading active now
202.125.38.19:28932 H*EA*T 2 - Not fast yet, because its full atm! lol!!!

Make sure you post up screenshots or write about some uber times in there!

Like the fact some people got to finish pipeline all the way through, and it took 4 hours lol.... yikes *WTF*

*edit* both servers now active
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SuperRoach » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:48 am

H*EA*T 2 still had a ton of people online rofl, so will reset it in the morning haha. Konich had a screenshot posted on ocau owning inside the pipeline mg building, looked cool.

There is a anti camping mode, fyi ;) that will break up pipeline if you get bored of it lol!

Anyone else got leetzorage from the server?
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby yourphyscogirlfriend » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 am

WE got pipline down to a tea! me on the mg and kon covering the stairs with his draganult and nero as bait on the pipe in the middle
shaganator wrote:i was in wa with my aunties 5 days ago and all they talked about was how shit there boobs :D

yourphyscogirlfriend
H*EA*T - Super Henchman
H*EA*T - Super Henchman

Postby SuperRoach » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 am

have a listen to the music thats going into the next update!!!!!

They remind me of duke nukem a fair bit

Its from this guy btw: http://www.micheltop.com/
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Marshall_S » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:44 pm

Need ping kicks for fuckos over 200. They're only Americans and Europeans anyway. Even really crap internet in WA and NZ won't hit pings over 200.

We are an Australian server after all. And we should be promoting the server within Australia to gain popularity, which means Australian players.
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Postby SuperRoach » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Ping kicks have been added for over 250. If their not in place, just restart the server when its not too busy.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SuperRoach » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Got a heeeeap of good pictures, I might have to make a gallery on the net at that imagebam place of them, theres just too many. Konich on countdown, Hooti being a wuss on countdown, some people dead in funny spots, and some nice group shots too. Its a bit like spot the player haha.

Tried this at a lan last night, it was awesome. You can't run this, and play on the same machine though - lucky I had a spare pc to run it on because those zombies love cpu's to munch on.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Tyoson » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:11 am

I was just in the server then. Good fun, someone will have to teach me how to play properly.
Tyoson

Postby Marshall_S » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Tyoson wrote:Good fun, someone will have to teach me how to play properly.

Either get to some height with a lot of other people, or find a narrow space the crawl into because they can't reach you. Also, Dragunov, Barrett and shotties for multi-kills; RPD for fuckloads of bullets; and C4 for lots and lots of kills. P90 also has the most bullets in the SMG range and the G3 is the only worthwhile Assault weapon. Have a kit with Sleight of Hand and one with Sonic Boom. Sleight of Hand for when the map doesn't have it as a pick up and Sonic Boom for when the map does. Extreme Conditioning or Deep Impact for the last perk.

Of course it all depends on what level you are as well. Get to 22 fast and you can have most of those things.
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Return to Server Suggestions