Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Promod now available on H*EA*T servers

Any suggestions for H*EA*T's BC2 and CoD4Server. Right in here!

Promod now available on H*EA*T servers

Postby SuperRoach » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:07 pm

H*EA*T now has the promod available!

.... but not that one.

In short, the programmers words:

The CoD4 Pro Mod is a reworking of the gameplay in CoD4. It goes beyond PAM and DAMN to further enhance gameplay. It includes weapon and gameplay changes.

The overall goal of the mod is to balance CoD4, make CoD4 more fun, and to increase the skill gap.

Coding: raf1
Coding & graphics: Carlisle

It's an option for the server admins to choose. Which means now we have choices of the following in our servers (both of them):

NormalCustom MapsPAM4 Mod, in CyberGamer, Public, and Gamearena ConfigsPromod
You won't need to download anything before joining, and its about 400kb to download when you join.

Some other features of it:

Original clicky link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmEhXGHkhQ
You can drop the bomb if you pick it up accidently
Ingame physics have now been removed on non essential objects. This means all players see the same thing. But, vitally, your FPS will increase by up to 20%.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Re: Promod now available on H*EA*T servers

Postby DoyleRules91 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:34 am

ty jesus (roach)for the mod on the servers.

MY CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/DoyleRules91
3amSCRIMS CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/3amSCRIMS

SuperRoach wrote:I felt angry watching myself play CoD4 :p
DoyleRules91
Theoretician

Postby Matrix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:39 am

Played it last night, lets just say it's not popular.

Doyle wrote:Now if that isnt bad enough im gonna go through what happened and why this guy makes a jeriziah with only riffshards look like a fucking dota veteran.
Matrix
Theoretician

Postby SHOWTIME5.0 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:01 pm

Was it a 1v1 Between urself and NQ?

Hooti3 always sed it was rubbish, and then he came and played on the rzn server with me and he found the hit reg to be way better and like the increased bullet dmg.

Play it a bit more and you will come to like it, i hope. Dont be so close minded*

Zomg its CS waah waah, we have heard it...
There are only 2 states to be in, Victoria or Pissed.
SHOWTIME5.0
MEGA POSTER
MEGA POSTER

Postby Matrix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Umm epic fail on your behalf, it was a 5v5 most of the time and peaking at about 7v7.

I have played it, i have tried it, i come to the decision it is the bigest piece of crap since sliced bread (just buy roles).

Even if you by the miracle of jesus convinced me that pro mod isn't designed to make the game like CS (i know i use that term a lot, BUT what is the FPS that EVERYONE has played and was/still is one of the biggest fps's around, something that EVERY new fps (SnD style) is compared to.
I want to play Call of Duty 4, thats what the game should be, what it was designed to be, what they spent months designing.

One thing i would like to see an argument for, why would they change the sniper rifle in pro mod to be the way it is?
Need i point out what game it is now EXACTLY like?

Any case i don't care if you have a promod team, i won't be in it.
I would however sign up to be an emergency if it was so needed, i may hate the mod but i still wanna see HEAT win.

Doyle wrote:Now if that isnt bad enough im gonna go through what happened and why this guy makes a jeriziah with only riffshards look like a fucking dota veteran.
Matrix
Theoretician

Postby SHOWTIME5.0 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I like how there is not a "deep impact" perk. That should be enabled all the time. like real bullet penetration, the bullet weakens when it goes through concrete walls / false walls, not stops all together. Also the knifing has been tweaked with better reg.

And the snipers reg. is amazing. Not sure if this is just on the RzN server or the mod. Ill have to try it on the H*EA*T server tonight maybe and see.

I know hooti3 doesnt like it when i snipe him when he is sprinting and finds out i shot 1m behind him on KC.

I found that this (reg.) is spot on even when in sprint. If you shoot the body on the run you get a hit and do not have to compensate for enemies on the run. This just may be my config. / ping on the RzN server. But i know if its going to be a hit and theres no " wtf i shot straight through you!!!"

There was a write up on how to change the music file that plays the cinematic music when the clock hits 1:00 on GA to a silent file. Ill have to find that. That way you can still hear ppl walking around with dead silence. i know thats when i make my move in matches because you cant hear shit with that playing :D

Did you guys play the mod where the distinguished american says "Explosives planted" ? And you can press numbers to select you kit like CS?

Or is it the same voice as on the RzN server EU mod. This may be the older mod?

Im not sure what the difference is. All i know is i PauN any mod / mode / style / class and game type.

Should scrim on the new mod :)
There are only 2 states to be in, Victoria or Pissed.
SHOWTIME5.0
MEGA POSTER
MEGA POSTER

Return to Server Suggestions