Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Server Rules Suggestion

Any suggestions for H*EA*T's BC2 and CoD4Server. Right in here!

Server Rules Suggestion

Postby Kayne » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi H*EA*T people,
I've been playing on your "Random" server recently, and enjoying it. However, during a period with a fairly low number of players, we (the players on the server) decided it might be fun to play a while with only our knives, or with unscoped sniper rifles, or whatever. Someone disagreed, but we made a compromise to play whatever they wanted to next round. That wasn't a problem, and we had a few games with these little "ad hoc" rules: silly rules that while we were under no oath to agree to them, we played along for sheer amusement.
Now, a little while later, someone on the console told us that only H*EA*T members can declare such things. There was also a comment about kicking H*EA*T members resulting in a ban, but we hadn't kicked anyone with H*EA*T in their name so that was a moot point.

Key Points are: there were no H*EA*T members on the server. Nobody disagreed to the silly rules, or if they did they didn't say anything. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Were we breaking the rules? If so, this seems rather odd to me. Fine, if someone was adamant about not playing along, then that's different. Also, if H*EA*T members are on the server, that's different also. I think that as long as everyone was enjoying it, I am suggesting it should be allowed (as long as no H*EA*T people are on or disagree of course).

Also, where might I find a complete list of rules for the server?
Kayne

Re: Server Rules Suggestion

Postby SuperRoach » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Hey Kayne! Thanks for registering and posting. I think its ok when like you said its on a low period, but if people disagree then its back to the normal rules. But yeah like you said, if its late, and not many are on.... Its for the amusement and learning etc. I'm usually the only one that uses console, so I'll have to look back and see whats up. It might have been an automated thing.

List of rules are kind of loose, although we have one in the admin section. Basicly, it translates too:

No being a tard. If you don't realise your being a tard when you clearly are being one, that doesn't excuse you.
No calling votes unless your a heat member, but especially....
No calling kickvotes on other players, or heat players This alone, is almost going to make us turn voting off.
What a H*EA*T member says goes, and what a server admin or me say, goes above that ;)

Exception, like you said, to late nights, when there are not many on. Do what you like to have some fun!

Also, we havn't said it officially, but we have two servers now :) Ones random, the other one (#2) Is with custom maps when needed, and a lot more Hardcore Search and Destroy at the moment. Woot!

Thanks again Kayne hope that cleared things up. As far as I know, you didn't get kicked or banned or anything, so I think you'll be ok now.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Kayne » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Ok SuperRoach, thanks for clarifying that. It seems that there is a fair bit of vote kicking going on at the moment (though most of it is justified - long afk-ers in an S&D match, people being tards etc.). Maybe set an automated thing so when a map loads the console says the 4 rules? Not sure if you can do that. I never realized there was a rule against votekicking until today, so maybe if people are aware the rule exists they wouldn't mis-use the voting.
This case wasn't late at night, but there were like 5 people there to start with. I hope you keep the voting, if possible? Anyways thanks for replying, I like playing that server.

Kayne
Kayne

Postby Kayne » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:44 pm

Addendum to above:
Yeah I heard about the second server, haven't been on yet. I didn't think anyone was banned or anything, but this isn't the name I use in-game (if you searched for it).
Kayne

Postby Marshall_S » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm

We should really turn voting off. I tried several kick votes against idiots tonight who were continuously call map votes (seriously, every 30 seconds) and even though the vote was successful, they didn't get kicked :evil: I mostly play on the H*EA*T server whenever I play COD4 but I found myself playing on GA cause I was sick of all the fucking tards in our server.
Marshall_S
Running Poo

Postby kOOLkAT » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Marshall_S wrote:We should really turn voting off.

Your server used to be really good, lots of friendly H*EA*T players and their mates playing. It made for really enjoyable games. Now you server is full of fucktards that continually call votes to either change maps, change gametype or worse kick players that have good KDR's.

*Sigh* back to Gamearena etc was good while it lasted I spose 8)
kOOLkAT

Postby ChiBoys » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 pm

kOOLkAT wrote:
Marshall_S wrote:We should really turn voting off.

Your server used to be really good, lots of friendly H*EA*T players and their mates playing. It made for really enjoyable games. Now you server is full of fucktards that continually call votes to either change maps, change gametype or worse kick players that have good KDR's.

*Sigh* back to Gamearena etc was good while it lasted I spose 8)

Yeah. You leave the power to change map, kick people etc. with the public you can't trust them to take care of our server well all the time. We have enough admins to control the server that we shouldn't need the voting thing, it's not doing any good.
ChiBoys
gettin on down with the heat
gettin on down with the heat

Postby PVT.SKITZO » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 am

PLEASE NOTE:Non H*EA*T members shouldn't call votes, a heat member without tags was voted out the other night which resulted in a 1 hour temp ban, he was not happy!!, also members of the clan and the public are getting annoyed with a small number of people constantly calling votes for kicks and map / game type changes, this is not on, also there was a player kicked by admin, not for calling votes, but for arguing with the server admin (console) after being told the rules of the server. With no ban in place, this was obviously just a warning that what the admin's say, goes no questions, no arguments, im sure a set of rules will be available for the public to view soon, it has been a very busy period and finding time to do things is hard but we're getting there, thank you for your patients and understanding.
Last edited by PVT.SKITZO on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PVT.SKITZO
H*EA*T - Golden age Henchman

Postby lfunkyl » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:40 pm

+1 to turning votes off.

+1 for H*EA*T members wearing tags while playing, as i have kicked players without tags and/or changed names to make room for members.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!

Postby PVT.SKITZO » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:18 pm

yes members should wear tags to be identified by admins and other members, but this should be non of the publics concern as they shouldn't be calling votes or trying to control the server anyway, i think if all players on a "slow" spell agree to pistols / knives etc only then game on, but if 1 person disagrees (public or clan member) then the game should carry on as per usual rules,

Anyway this is a lil off topic as kayne was suggesting a set of rulesw to be publicly viewable, i agree with this
PVT.SKITZO

Postby lfunkyl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:29 am

if yous want to have a little game on the server, just ask people if they want to, and then if the majority like the idea do it, and when someone joins just say "we're having a little game of knives only, would be good if you'd play too" if someone stuffs it up by using guns or whatever either keep doing what your'e doing and try and avoid that player or go back to normal game-play.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl

Postby BornLucky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 pm

/callvote map Knife_Only

Vote comes up

Map Knife_Only
(F1) YES - (F2) NO

vote passed

then you everyone should (besides the dicks) agree to knife only.

This vote wont screw up anything the server will look for a map called Knife_only and not find it so it will just be a blank vote in the server's eyes

You should always use the "/callvote map *insert_vote_here*" when you would like to get a majority vote around. It was the same on Spearhead when u wanted to try something like that just remember that you can not use spaces..

eg:

/callvote map Apples are yummy

will come up as

Map Apples
(F1) YES - (F2) NO

PS: IF SOMEONE WOULD RUN SCRIPTS ON THE SERVER !!!!! we could link specific callvotes with a mod.. eg /callvote zombie_mod = server changes to zombie mod. or /callvote Knife_only = server changes to knife only mod * i think there is one *
BornLucky
well grilled.
well grilled.

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Thats a neat idea born - but can you do that if voting is disabled?

With scripts btw, theres only so much you can do in cod. Annnd, i don't feel safe giving people the power to reboot a server/config by calling a mapvote neither - I'd prefer a server admin be asked and change it
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:27 pm

update- born, we found a way to do something similar. Planned to allow heat players to have access to some limited commands, server admins to most, admins to all. And sure, probably can have a few levels inbetween.

It goes by "power levels", which a random player joining has one. I've got 90. When you use a command, you use your points to do it. So for example, if I put callvote on power level 10, it would need 10 randoms to do it (power adds up). Registered heat players (I'd need their info) have a bit more power etc. Sound neat?
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Matrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:26 am

Sounds awesome.

Doyle wrote:Now if that isnt bad enough im gonna go through what happened and why this guy makes a jeriziah with only riffshards look like a fucking dota veteran.
Matrix
Theoretician

Postby Batman_516 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 am

i agree. sounds awesome. now if you speak a little slower i may be able to understand what the hell your on about?
A Softer World wrote: No I do not have a doctor's note. Maybe if you treated your employee's like adults, we wouldn't skip work to play video games.

Batman_516
GA Captain

Postby SHOWTIME5.0 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:03 am

Yeah i saw that power level [1] the other day and thought "what is roach up to?"

Can my power be 9000!!!!!
There are only 2 states to be in, Victoria or Pissed.
SHOWTIME5.0
MEGA POSTER
MEGA POSTER

Return to Server Suggestions