Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Battlefield 4

Chat about any game you like

Re: Battlefield 4

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:03 am

There is a gears of warish addition to cover - when next cover, you can press a button to pop up and fire, and it'll be context sensitive so you can lean out the sides or above a column
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby lfunkyl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:03 pm

getting pretty shocking fps in beta. around 40 odd with a GTX670, surely i should be getting more or should i look at upgrading gpu?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H*EA*T member since: 27/10/06

lfunkyl
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!
7 Years on HEAT and Counting!

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Probably beta, but try lowering settings and gpu drivers (beta ones)

Tag thingy fyi is in:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/pr ... -soldiers/
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 am

Lot of crashes and people forgetting to download the right gpu drivers at the start but had a lot of fun.
I'll quote my cg post at the end of this one.

I took some hasty screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/egMvOXR.jpg

Whiterhino repairing Sleebach's first chopper flight

First full round that I win in (was domination)
http://i.imgur.com/saSXi2v.jpg

Here's what I wrote in CG:
Lol at the whinging when it first unlocked in here.
Downloaded the wrong beta drivers at first so had to redo that before I could jump in. They filled up quick.

Servers were crashing constantly, seem to be mostly ok now.

Be sure your running beta gpu drivers, it'll crash in the first minute otherwise.

BF4's battlelog uses a decent amount of cpu compared to bf3 (check it in task manager if you don't believe me), So minimize that and fps is much nicer. It's only slightly slower than bf3 for me when I do that.

On the other side of the spectrum, is the Battlescreen. A live html5 friendly grid rendering of the game. Holy crap amazing. Complete with squad and health indicators in it. Killed the fps for me ingame, but worked on my phone as well. Sweet!

I'll have to reconfirm, but I've heard that the dev's have the ability to jump in as a commander - but we don't. It'd be fun to see that in action.

Ok impressions so far.

Voip is ingame where it should be and was amazing. Works between rounds and even during the loading stage.

The key for voip by default is Left ALT, Use it.

M320/Noob tube on the medic is pretty capable at making a bad day out of a lazy flying Transport and even an attack chopper.

Like the squad objecting having a large green line on the minimap pointing out where to go.

Commo rose is not as fickly as bf3's, and marking an objective is a simple q tap anyway.

Spectator is great, but new that already from Alpha (and from all the gamescom and other info).

Also think there may be a bug with the queue system - on my pc the queue level wasn't updating in the blue bar, even though the server itself was changing frequently. So to get into a game I visited that servers page, used the top right little refresh icon, and clicked join when a spot was available - got in fine every single time using that.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Dragazarth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am

I was having trouble with Failed to connect to EA Online (1) or something similar, but eventually after forcing punkbuster to update, and using a VPN I got in a game, although then it crashed due to DirectX errors or something (maybe I should've restarted the computer after the driver update?)

Anyhow looked good from what I saw, although I still have to connect through a VPN from uni.

As a side note, any one have three sticks of 2Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ram lying around that I could buy? I need more.
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby SuperRoach » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:09 pm

If you need ram laptop ram is getting pretty cheap nowadays. 2X 4gig should be about 60 to 80
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Dragazarth » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm letting a friend play on my account (who has converted to the PC master race, and may join the clan), and we tried it on his more powerful computer.
HOLY SHIT does battlelog's map thing kill the CPU, using like 40-90% on all 4 cores lol, after we worked out runs pretty smooth. I played a little last night. But left he to do the rest while I sort out my shit for exams.

Helicopters feel weird
Dragazarth
Grilling it damn good
Grilling it damn good

Postby SuperRoach » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 am

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9875 yeah check the tweaks and post stuff if you find others too.

Minimize battlelog helps a lot.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby SuperRoach » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:26 pm

It's ouutttttt!
*continues preloading*
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Postby Dragazarth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Preloaded, and ready to go!