Clan H*EA*T

Clan forums and banter

Hello there

Want to say hello to us? Chat it up in here.

Hello there

Postby GonzoPR » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi all,

Was put on to this page by Dragazarth, during a squad DM game. Sorry I couldn't reply properly - my PC gave me yet another BSOD. Currently chasing a hardware issue around in circles after my mobo shat itself, new mobo in and now I get really random, infrequent BSODs. Usually whenever I am having a really good game it will happen, and it never happens when I'm sucking badly haha. I guess that's Murphy acting up.

I'm not really looking to join a clan actively as such, just playing and 'sometimes' doing well :)
My biggest 2 gripes with BFBC2 at the minute are:
1. I get accused of cheating all the time. Ran a 49/18 (roughly on kill, can't remember exactly) rush game last night and instantly I am cheating because I am beating people....
2. Nobody seems to see the huge value of smoke grenades!! You can pretty much easily stroll into the defenders spawn under smoke, set charges and vanish without anyone noticing. Also shows up when people actually are cheating, because you get shot through the smoke from miles away by the same person repeatedly haha.

Anyway, would be cool to have a game with you guys some time and see how we go - or how I go against you. I currently play with 3 or 4 friends... though they all have fulltime normal jobs and I work offshore/overseas on call - so I'm on 24/7 while at home and then vanish for weeks at a time.

If interested at all in my stats: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/GonzoPR/

Cheers.
I <3 smoke
GonzoPR
Virgin clanie's first post!

Re: Hello there

Postby SuperRoach » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:54 pm

So you love smoke hey?
Smokes are invaluable for rush and planting mcoms - infact for bf3 one of the devs tweeted one of their tactics were to smoke up a objective, then send in squads of those EOD bomb disposal robots to do the job... sounds fun.

Understood about the job and stuff, plenty of us here too have to fit games around their jobs, other halves and kids. If you'd like to get your mates on voice chat together and have some fun your more than welcome too :) Jump on our mumble server.

The info is on the front page, and also on the top right hand of the forums too, however the short version is get mumble: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ and connect up to us on the H*EA*T one. It's in the public list too.
SuperRoach
Overly Verbose

Re: Hello there

Postby GonzoPR » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Invaluable, yet so undervalued by most.

Mumble is no issue, though i've always wondered how people find each other (which server, etc) - other than the BFBC2 friends list.

Hah just checked my stats there, makes me out to be some bush wookie!! Not the case, thankfully.

I'll have a look tonight and see what's happening... see if i can't get a few H*EA*T tags haha
I <3 smoke
GonzoPR

Return to Visitors Book